Information We Collect Automatically
If you visit our website to browse, read, or download information:
- Your web browser automatically sends us (and we may retain) the following information:
- Internet domain through which you access the Internet (e.g., yourServiceProvider.com if you use a commercial Internet service provider, or yourSchool.edu if you use an Internet account from your school);
- Internet Protocol address of the computer you are using;
- type of browser software and operating system you are using;
- date and time you access our site; and
- the Internet address of the site from which you linked directly to our site.
- We will use this information as aggregate data to help us maintain this site, e.g., to determine the number of visitors to different sections of our site, to ensure the site is working properly, and to help us make our site more accessible and useful.
- We will not use this information to identify individuals, except for site security or law enforcement purposes.
- We will not obtain personally-identifying information about you when you visit our site, unless you choose to provide such information.
Other Information We Collect
If you choose to identify yourself (or otherwise provide us with personal information) when you use our online forms:
- We will collect (and may retain) any personally identifying information, such as your name, street address, email address, phone number, and any other information you provide. We will use this information to try to fulfill your request and may use it provide you with additional information at a later time. We may share your information with third parties.
- If you request information, services, or assistance, we may disclose your personal information to those third parties that (in our judgment) are appropriate in order to fulfill your request. If, when you provide us with such information, you specify that you do not want us to disclose the information to third parties, we will honor your request. Note, however, that if you do not provide such information, or if you specify that you do not want us to disclose your information to third parties, it may be impossible for us to refer, respond to or fulfill your request.
- If your communication relates to a law enforcement matter, we may disclose the information to law enforcement agencies that we deem appropriate.
Use of Your Information
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
- To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
- To complete and report any information related to contributions as required by law
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
- To send periodic emails following up on the issue or transaction you initiated on our site
If you decide to opt-in to our mailing list, you may receive emails that may include campaign news, political updates, issue briefs or action alerts, etc.
Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
How Long We Keep Information
We may keep information that will collect for an unlimited period of time.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time by contacting us via the email address given on our website: email@example.com.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to sensitive information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment. We will exercise all reasonable efforts to safeguard the confidentiality of your information. However, transmissions protected by industry standard security technology and implemented by human beings cannot be made absolutely secure. Consequently, we shall not be liable for unauthorized disclosure of information.
3rd Party Advertising Cookies Opt-Out
http://larimerleap.com allows third parties to place cookies on our site for advertising purposes. This Online Privacy Statement does not cover the collection methods or use of the information collected by these vendors. These vendors have their own privacy policies and may be members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”). To remove yourself from some or all NAI member advertising programs, please visit the NAI Opt-Out Page and follow the relevant instructions. Please note that if you delete, block, or otherwise restrict cookies, or if you use a different computer or Internet browser, you may need to renew your opt-out choice.
At our discretion, we may include or offer third party offers, products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Because we care about the safety and privacy of children online, we comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA). COPPA and its accompanying FTC regulation establish United States federal law that protects the privacy of children using the Internet. We do not knowingly contact or collect personal information from children under 13. Our website, information and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years of age or older.
This policy was last modified on December 16, 2013.